What changes I'll be making



16/4/24

 Following my previous research I've come to decide on what I would like to record whether that's re-recording instruments already present in the stems on new parts and what I will remove.

The primary thing that I've considered is that 'Superstition' was originally restricted to 16 tracks which I would like to stick to for my own project. I've made in Microsoft Excel listing each tracks stems. 




Changes I'm making:

I will be removing all keyboard parts and replacing the electric guitar parts with a clavinet. 

Additionally as I am keeping the original brass stems I will re-export one of them to include the trumpet track so I can have all brass instruments but still limited to 2 tracks. 

For the drums I will be condensing my setup down to the 3 mic recording established in my previous post..

This Additional table I've created demonstrates what stems I will keep, Remove and replace and what I will replace with.



My next goal is to decide what mics I will choose so I can then create my session plans.


Bibliography:

Liveabout Dotcom, JS., 2019. Mixing Stevie Wonders "Superstition". New York, New York City: Dotdash Meredith. Available from: https://www.liveabout.com/mixing-stevie-wonders-superstition-1817747 [Accessed 16 April 2024]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Evaluation and Conclusion

Session Log: Synth

Initial stem and reference track choices