Initial stem and reference track choices
7/4/24
Today I began work on planning my aims and goals for this project. The track I've chosen is 'Kane Guru' by West End Blend, as I enjoy the overall sound of the track with its funky style.
Initially I've looked into exploring the use of a Two-Tone Ska track as my reference material, specifically 'House of Fun' (1982) by Madness . They share some similar aspects whilst having differences however, I discovered that there is little to no information on how Two-Tone Ska was recorded, the information usually leans into the social-political context of the music.
I've instead settled on another track: 'Superstition' by Stevie Wonder (1972) I think looking into this track will be more fruitful as surface level exploration into information on its production seems to be more documented.
The song features some similar elements to 'Kane Guru' such as brass. I reckon taking inspiration from this track will provide some interesting results by adapting parts like the iconic clavinet and dry, punchy drums to give the track a new tone whilst still being able to preserve elements of the original stems.
Bibliography:
Madness, 1982. House Of Fun. [online] Available through: Spotify [Accessed 7 April 2024]
Stevie Wonder, 1972. Superstition. [online] Available through: Spotify [Accessed 7 April 2024]
Comments
Post a Comment